Hey guys! Check out what I did between pages! I did this nifty digital painting for my Iron Tiger buddy Jordan of Hominids! It features some nasty dudes from the flesh eater tribe eating an unfortunate neanderthal. It’s a bit bloody and gory, so don’t click if that bothers you!
Oh my goodness what a long wait between pages! I am truly sorry for that. In early February I slipped on an icy staircase and konked the back of my head, resulting in a nasty concussion that has had me out of commission for months. It’s been a long, dark road to recovery, and I’m not even totally healed yet! Unbelievably, as of this posting, I’ve actually been asleep for most of 2015 so far! Fortunately, I had this page mostly completed before the accident, so there was only a wee bit left to do before it was complete.
I still have work to do on the new Locus site, but I’ve also started sketching out the next Zik page. I thought up a few other things while I was drifting in and out of consciousness, so there may be some fun things coming as well. We’ll see if I still think they’re good ideas when I’m fully healed!
Once again, I thank you for your patience! Zik fans are the absolute best!
There might be a bit of a pause before the next Zik page goes up. It turns out that the database over on Adam Black’s Locus site has gotten messed up and the pages from issue 13 onward don’t follow properly. I haven’t been able to make it work right, so I’m going to use this opportunity to do something I’ve been wanting to do for a couple of years now – upgrade the site completely! I’m hoping to enable the art to fill more of your screen so you can properly enjoy the sensual artwork that Adam lays down every time he picks up his paintbrushes. That dude can draw!
To tide you over until the next update, here’s what’s going on with my Iron Tiger pals!
- Raven’s Dojo just finished up an amazing story about a computer who thought it was a god! Start it here!
- Barry is recounting a story from Phineus‘s past!
- Terry has been bewitched in Errant Apprentice! Delores has to fight for her man!
- Hal’Imet is a prisoner in The Ruins of Hesh’Imet!
- Chance is kicking deity butt in The Path!
- A rescue attempt is going horribly wrong in Hominids! Will Sno and Icari survive??
- Trading fat for tails and losing years in the process?? It’s the zany Restaurante Macoatl!
- Aliens have found a beacon from Earth! Will they invade? Find out at Mailbox Rocketship!
- Santa Muerte is teaming up with a fractal spider demon god to deal with Locus: Godslayer! Do NOT miss out on this amazing story!
Until next time, Zik fans!